Top Social

Step By Step Guide: Eggplant and Polenta Stack

Friday, January 6, 2012

Recipe Name: Eggplant & Polenta Stack
Source: Me!

This is the very first time I had ever made polenta. I actually never even tasted it before. This weekend I was in Trader Joe's stocking up on a week's worth of meals and an overwhelming amount of veggies. As I turned the corner of the past aisle, that little roll of polenta caught my eye and I tossed it in my carriage. When I got it home, the first thing that came to my mind was some friend eggplant. So, here we go...

Ingredients:

1 Eggplant
1 Roll of pre-made polenta
1 Jar of pasta sauce
1 cup Panko crumbs
Herbed Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
1 egg
1/4 cup flour
Cherry sized mozzarella balls

Directions:

1. First, slice your eggplant, and lay it out on some paper towels. Sprinkle some salt on top and place another towel on top of the slices. Let it sit and release some water.

2. Grab your roll of polenta and slice it up. I would say about 1 inch thick slices. Pour a 1/2 inch of herbed olive oil in a pan and turn the heat on medium-high. Once the oil is heated, add the polenta, cooking about 4 minutes on each side.


3. While the polenta is cooking, grab your eggplant and start to dredge it: flour, egg and panko. Take the finished polenta out of the pan and place on a paper towel. Add the eggplant to the same pan you just took the polenta out of. Cook about 6-8 minutes on each side. Once crisp, place on a paper towel.


5. Turn on the broiler. Grab a cookie sheet, cover with foil and begin stacking the ingredients: eggplant, polenta, sauce, mozzarella ball.


6. Cook under the broiler until the cheese is melted. Top with some more pasta sauce and...enjoy!



Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature