Top Social

Scenes from the Weekend and a Quick Recipe

Monday, February 22, 2016


This weekend was super low key since my little family is still recovering from the dreaded hand, foot and mouth disease. As I write this on Sunday night, I can honestly say today is the first day I am feeling better (yes...yes I got it). The dude is still sniffling and coughing up a storm so it will probably take him a few more days to recover. 

Rather than go anywhere, we had both side of the family over our house. 







On Sunday, I put together one of my absolute favorite recipes ever.

Brown Butter Sage Pork Chops!!


I didn't take nearly enough pictures because there was so much commotion in the house so I will just summarize for you.

Ingredients

Pork Chops, Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Butter, Sage, Lemon, Garlic (2 cloves)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400. Slice one clove of garlic and rub all of over the pork chop. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Pour some evoo into a pan and warm to medium heat. Sear the chops for 2-4 minutes each side. Pop the chops on a baking sheet or pan and put in the over for 7-8 minutes.

While the chops are cooking, make the sauce. Drain the chop pain, add 2-3 tablespoons of butter, the other garlic clove (crushed) and brown it. Add lemon zest and juice of one lemon, and sliced sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove garlic before it burns. 

Take the chops out of the oven and pop into the pan with the sauce and toss until they are coated. 

IT IS SO GOOD,

Serve with veggies (I did asparagus with parm and lemon)



Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature