Top Social

What Nobody Tells You About Daycare

Thursday, March 24, 2016


Nothing prepares you for parenthood. It doesn't matter if you've read every single parenting book there is. You will still feel like you are navigating through a field of endless jack-in-the-boxes. I rely mainly on my friends and family to tell me about the "big" stuff. 

Well.... since I am the first to send my child to daycare, there was some critical information missing...



What suprised me the most about daycare wasn't missing out on things (this I knew). It wasn't that the baby would get more colds (this I also knew).

It was that I (me - yes the adult) would actually relive all of my childhood illnesses with a fury that I could never ever imagine. 

Hand, foot and mouth. Check.

The flu. Check.

A version of Montezuma's revenge. Check.

I try and rationalize the fact that I seem to be the one to catch everything versus my husband because I am the one C wants to sleep on top of when he is sick. But, this was something that I was not prepared for at all. 

I wish I had some sage advice on how to prevent the transferring of sicknesses aside from hand washing and general good hygiene.

There is nothing.

If you are a working Mom, sending your kiddo to daycare, are sleep deprived, tired and stressed. You may as well just lick the toys too. The sooner you get it, the sooner it's over. 

Cheers. 

xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature