Top Social

A Spring Decor Refresh: 3 Tips on Bringing Your House into Spring!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016


Let me start by saying that I am not an interior designer. 

I do enjoy shopping at Home Goods pretty regularly and generally enjoy decorating things but I don't consider myself exceptionally adept at it. This post is geared towards those that dabble in decor and want to share some idea's on how to bring your home from winter to spring. 

To set the stage...I go hard for Christmas. I'm talking like antique snowshoes, ski's and sleds. Indoor wreath's, outdoor wreath's, reindeer's and Santa's galore. 

I knew that I had some work to do in order to get my home out of winter wonderland. 

So, I grabbed my wallet and headed for Home Goods. 

Here is what I kept in mind while shopping:

1. The bunny theme only lasts until Easter: Ok. Ok, so you see some bunnies. HOWEVER, I tried my best not to let Easter throw up in house. I want this to look nice until summer so I tried my best to stay away from Holiday specific items. 

2. Stick with one color palette: Mine was green. That helped me narrow down my choices. If it had accents of green, I used that to tie things together.

3. Bring a second set of eyes: I'm an advocate for a shopping buddy. They can be your voice of reason when you pick up the three foot painted rabbit. 


The pictures below contain most of my finds. If you are interested in something particular, leave a comment and I can try and find a dupe for you online! 




Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature