Top Social

DIY Drink Tags

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This weekend I am attending a fabulous wedding shower that I am lucky enough to be a bridesmaid for. I won't reveal the theme yet (because it is a surprise to the bride and she may read this!!), but, I will talk a little bit about one feature of the party that I am really excited about. I think, when you throw an event, it is really all about the little details. From lanterns, to flowers, to plates, to silverware, to favors - the little details make an event. 

One detail that we decided on was to have all of the drinks displayed in vintage looking glass bottle of various shapes and sizes. We got glass milk bottles,  carafe's, pitchers and vintage wine bottles and will funnel all of our liquids into those. This will not only make it look great but also add a bit of whimsy to the party. I don't know about you, but I am just not a fan of a plastic juice bottle hanging out on a table - it just doesn't scream elegance to me. 

Well, because the bottles are not labeled, I decided to go ahead and make little labels that we can tie, with ribbon, around each bottle! I found an adorable bride and groom stamp to accompany my alphabet stamps and whipped this one up. I will add some pictures of the whole set up after the event - but - here is a little tutorial on how to make the label.

1. Go to Michaels (or any craft store) and pick up package of white labels, ink pad, stamps, and ribbon.

2. I wanted my labels to look antique so I boiled a cup of water, grabbed a tea bag, and rubbed the tea bag along all of the labels to give them a tint.



3. I let the labels dry overnight and then I pulled out the stamps! I highly recommend going out and grabbing a set of alphabet stamps. They are so versatile. Here, really, let your creativity run wild - switch up the colors or line up the letters in an uneven way!




4. Carefully stamp your little bride and groom and each letter onto the label and let dry.



5. Grab your ribbon, cut it, and tie it right through the label hole.





xoxo

M
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature