Top Social

DIY: Hand Painted Wooden Spoons!

Thursday, March 31, 2016


Want to give your house a little spring refresh? How about some hand painted wooden spoons that you can pop in a pitcher with some fresh flowers.

Simple and Pretty!

I had purchases a bunch of wooden spoons a while back and had some Martha Stuart paint on hand. I figured...why not try out some hand painted wooden spoons. 

This project was super easy and would make a cute hostess gift if you are attending any dinners in the near future. Here is how I did it:

Supplies:


Wooden Spoons
Acrylic Paint
Sponge Brushes
Tape (optional)

Directions:


Grab your wooden spoons and supplies. Line your work surface with newspaper or paper bags to account for any dripping. You only need a small amount of paint for this so I recommend just squirting a small amount on your workspace and dipping your sponges as needed.


If you want your lines to be precise, I would tape each spoon to section off the area's you want to paint. I didn't mind if it looked a bit uneven so I just did it by hand. All you need to do is dip your sponge in paint and lightly drag it along each spoon.



Once you have painted all of your spoons, let them dry for a couple hours. Once they are fully dry, feel free to display, gift, or stir!






Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature