Top Social

My Best Friend is Pregnant & How to Hold a Strangers Baby!

Friday, February 12, 2016

While I was looking for pictures for this blog post, I came across this one in my archives. This is me and "Mr. Bink" when he was one day old. Just looking at this photograph brings me back to that day. I can literally hear his first screams echo in my head. Please don't mind the epic roots.

Among the few people in the room during the photo, is my best friend. When I say best friend, I'm talking like "Now & Then" best friend. A best friend that you have since you are born. A best friend that is from the "neighborhood" that you played flashlight tag with since you were allowed to be outside at dark. The good old days. When kids played outside...

all.day.long.

A best friend that you fist fought with over barbies, neon leopard pants and who was cooler. A best friend that came on so many vacations, dinners and family holidays with you - that she was basically your sister. A best friend that, no matter how old you are, how many years go by, how far away you are, is always there.

This best friend is pregnant! That means that said friend and I will have sons only one year apart. Even though they won't grow up across the street from each other, I have vowed to at least have long vacations together. Where they can play all day long. Play flashlight tag. Fight over who gets to use the cool plate, spoon and knife for dinner. They will just get to love each other no matter what. Like their Mama's.

For those of you that know me, you would know that I am quite awkward when holding other people's babies. There was an article in the NY times called "How to Hold a Strangers Baby". Needless to say, I don't think I will be a trained cuddler, I will however reference this article on delivery day.

PS. Do you have lifelong friends? I hear it is more and more rare!! Also, are you awkward with other people's newborns??

PPS. More baby pictures









2 comments on "My Best Friend is Pregnant & How to Hold a Strangers Baby!"
  1. Thanks for making me cry! I can't wait for our boys to make the best memories together. Family vacations are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally can't wait. There needs to be at least one a year!

      Delete

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature