Top Social

Vacation Style: Martha's Vineyard

Monday, June 16, 2014
It's almost upon us! Summer is almost here. 

Thank. The. Heavens.

Fruity drinks, salty air, rooftop decks, endless nights and... new outfits, of course! And you know what that means? My very first vacation style guide of summer 2014. I will start with my absolute favorite place to vacation in all of New England: Martha's Vineyard. 

Growing up my family and me would spend two awesome weeks in the Vineyard every single summer. Mom and Pop would rent a vacation house and cram as many people in as possible. Some of my absolute favorite memories come from those weeks in the Vineyard. The atmosphere is laid back, beachy and very New England - think the Kennedy's and your favorite granola-ish farmer's market combined. 

Here are my top 5 things to do and places to see:

1. Grab an ice cream at Mad Martha's!!! I saw Jacqueline Kennedy there once...AND.. Mr. M proposed to me right outside the Vineyard Haven location!
2. Take a dip in South Beach. I always spot seals right offshore. Careful of the waves, though. I had a tragic bikini loss incident there a few years back. 
3. Grab a bus out to Aquinnah and take gander at the nudies. Yep - you heard me right. Martha's Vineyard has one of the only nude beaches left in the country! Oh, and also check out the clay cliffs. They are pretty spectacular.   
4. Watch the very first JAWS film...and then go to the beach at night. I dare you. Did you know JAWS was filmed there? It was! You can even see the JAWS house where the captain lived on the road from Oak Bluffs to Edgartown.
5. Take a ride on the Oak Bluffs Flying Horses Carousel. I spent more hours riding around on this carousel than i'd like to admit. By the end of the second vacation week, I was a gold ring professional. 

Cheers to a summer filled of fashion, fun and love.

A // B // C // D // E // F // G



Post Comment
Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature